Cempedak Chiffon Breakfast Muffins

Light, airy and full of flavour chiffon muffins, perfect for a to-go handheld breakfast and snack for busy weeks. 


It's a busy week this week. Very busy. Quizzes everyday, staying back for CCA everyday, reaching home at 7 everyday. 

This mid week baking was much needed. 



I started baking chiffon cakes (or at least I tried baking them) more than a year ago, mastering the techniques and tricks to making a perfect light and airy chiffon every time. Chiffon cakes are one of those things that everyone will love, from children to the older folks- their not too sweet, very light and spongy, and have the perfect amount of moistness in them. Now, chiffon cakes are one of my favourite breakfast treats. Although they too take a little more time than a normal muffin, they are well worth the results. 



On a side note, I just love their wrinkly brown tops. 

Durian and cempedak are my favourite fruits (other than bananas of course). If you cannot find these fruits readily available around, or if it is not in season, replace the 1/2 cup of cempedak purée with any other fruit purée or liquids you like. 

And baking them in giant muffin cups? It's just an extra plus. Who doesn't like seeing an individual giant-muffin-sized chiffon cake in front of their eyes. 



And yes, I've been studying chemistry as I bake. It's a miracle I didn't break or drop anything. 


For the recipe, look here

This recipe makes about 18 large muffins. Bake these for 25-30 minutes at 170 degrees celsius. 


Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment