Pandan Sponge Cake

Moist, fluffy sponge cake with a subtle Pandan fragrance.




I haven't posted in ages (almost a month to be exact oops). Well mainly because I had exams, and after exams I had lots of other things going on, I've been deprived of baking for so so long and I haven't had the time to write a post. 

Well now I've got a few things off my sleeve and I can bake again (yay). 

Now these aren't a chiffon cake- chiffon cakes are made by separating egg whites and yolks, and beating the egg whites and sugar to an almost stiff meringue, but this sponge cake is made by whisking whole eggs till they reach a ribbon stage. This gives the cake a little more body- denser than a chiffon cake, not such a fine crumb, but equally moist and delicious. 



And I so love those adorable crisscross lines on the top of the cake caused by inverting the cake onto a cooling rack once it's out of the oven to cool (I'm a weird yet haha)



Pandan Sponge Cake 
Recipe adapted from Mayck-Law

4 eggs 
105g cake flour 
75g castor sugar 
20g fresh milk 
25g oil 
20g Pandan juice 

Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius. 
Line the base of a 6-inch cake pan (not non-stick) with parchment paper. Do not line or grease the sides. 
In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand whisk, whisk together the eggs until pale, thick and fluffy. 
Gradually add in the sugar and whisk until a pale, thick ribbon. 
Whisk in the milk, oil and Pandan juice. 
In a separate small mixing bowl, sift the cake flour. 
Add in a few spoonfuls of the whipped egg, milk and Pandan juice mixture into the flour and mix to form a thick batter. 
Fold in the thick batter into the whipped eggs mixture until completely incorporated. 
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25 minutes. 
Once the cake is baked, immediately invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before removing from tin and serving. 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment