Home + Banana Sponge Cake

Home. 


Finally home.




Home from a foreign land, a foreign place. 
Home from the cold wind blowing and falling autumn leaves. 
Back to the warm sunshine and wet weather. 
Perhaps the most comforting of all is the smell of home and the smell of rain and flowers. 



I have to tell you first that I took a lot of beautiful photos on my phone which I am still trying to retrieve. 

Because I dropped my phone into the toilet bowl. I did. Seriously. 

My friend used a stick to get it out for me (thanks buddy!!!) but it still died. Eeeks.

It's the most embarrassing thing I've done, but also the funniest. I guess we make mistakes all the time (especially me). So I'll leave you with more words of my trip (and hopefully pictures too!) in the next post. But here's today and let's celebrate home. 

Celebrate the friends, the memories, and the beautiful people I've met. 

Celebrate the smell of bananas and vanilla and cake. That's home. 



Banana Sponge Cake 

3 eggs 
130g sugar 
200g mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas) 
150g cake flour (or 25g cornstarch + 125g plain sugar) 
1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
100g corn oil 
1/2 tsp vanilla 

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease an 8-inch cake tin and line with parchments paper. 
Beat eggs, banana and sugar and banana until light and fluffy and reaches ribbon stage. 
Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Fold gently. 
Stir in the oil and vanilla. 
Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 



Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment