Mini Curry Chicken Pies

Spicy chicken and potato filling topped with crisp puff pastry. Perfect for rainy days! 


It's the end of the school term- This hasn't been a great year for me- it's been filled with many challenges, many mountains to climb, to conquer. It started off with being around people I found hard to trust- so many new faces, so many different people, with so different personalities. I guess it opened my mind - to see that the world isn't made up of angels - it's made up of people with different goals in life, people with different beliefs, people with different backgrounds. 



But I've made new friends, familiar with more people. I've laughed more, smiled more, and loved more. I have to admit I'm not a sociable person- I'm quiet, sometimes I fade into the background to let people take the spotlight while I stand behind. I don't have many friends- people don't really know me - but I have a few great friends, who I can genuinely trust and believe in. And I'm happy- that's what matters to me most.  

The school year has been filled with so many things, I'm so happy it has ended. A year of taking up more leadership roles, in both my class and CCA, and I'm proud. Nothing beats the feeling of achievement, when people really recognise you for your efforts, and say the 2 words- thank you. 



The next 2 weeks will be spent in Beijing - away in the cold spending some time with friends and having some fun - huge break from the tough year. 

But today it's all about comforting curry chicken pies. Perfect for freezing and you can grab one when you need something to spice up your life :P 

And check out my instagram @sweetfulmusings to check out some of my pictures :) 

Mini Curry Chicken Pies 

For the filling:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped into large chunks 
1 onion, diced 
2 cloves of garlic minced 
1 small carrot, diced 
1 tomato, diced 
1 potato, diced 
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 tsp garam masala 
1 tsp ground cumin 
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock 
Salt and pepper, to taste 

In a saucepan on medium heat, sauté onions and garlic until softened. Add diced carrots, tomatoes and potatoes and cook until the tomatoes release their juices. 
Add the spices and season with salt and pepper. 
Add in the chicken stock, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and softened. 
Let cool. 

To assemble
4-5 sheets puff pastry 
1 egg 

Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. 
Cut out circles of puff pastry and place on individual aluminium mini pie tins or muffin tins. Fill with the curry chicken mixture, and top with another round of puff pastry. 
Crimp the edges and make a slit on the top of the pie. 
Brush with egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. 

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment