Baked Pesto Crusted Tuna Croquettes

Yep, it's baked, not fried! Crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. 




I can vividly remember the first time I watched Nigella's show. The episode was on comfort food, and she made the most decadent mashed potatoes (my fav!!!) which was, of course mouth watering and filled with heaps of butter and heavy cream. And then she made salmon croquettes with the leftover mashed potatoes. I think I must have watched this episode 10 times, because every time I watch it, I fall in love with mashed potatoes and salmon croquettes all over again. 



The abundance of old potatoes wth wrinkled, eye-growing skins and a can of tuna inspired these simple but satisfying croquettes. It is reminiscent of buying Japanese sweet potato croquettes from the department store, so soft and light in the centre, but crisp on the outside. 

What's better, these are guilt free - no deep frying, no huge mess - simple comfort food, less guilt, and so good I could eat just these for a week. Freeze the extras for when the crave strikes. You'll need it, I promise. 



Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment